2013 Futurefire.net Publishing
Edited by Fabio Fernandes and Djibril al-Ayad
Stories by Joyce Chng, Ernest Hogan, Rahul Kanakia, Rochita Loenen-Ruiz, Sandra McDonald, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Gabriel Murray, Shweta Narayan, Dinesh Rao, N.A. Ratnayake, Sofia Samatar, Benjanun Sriduangkaew, Lavie Tidhar and J.Y. Yang
Cover art by Carmen Moran
Guest preface by Aliette de Bodard
Critical afterword by Ekaterina Sedia
Table of contents
This anthology of speculative fiction stories on the themes of colonialism and cultural imperialism focuses on the viewpoints of the colonized. Sixteen authors share their experiences of being the silent voices in history and on the wrong side of the final frontier; their fantasies of a reality in which straight, cis, able-bodied, rich, anglophone, white males don’t get to tell us how they won every war; their revenge against the alien oppressor settling their “new world”.
Where to buy We See a Different Frontier
- Epub and Mobi from Wizard's Tower Books
- B&N, Book Depository, Powells etc.
- Amazon.com (print; e-book); Amazon co.uk (print; e-book); and all other Amazon international locations
- Hardcopy from Lulu.com
Reviews of We See a Different Frontier
- Publishers Weekly
- Lois Tilton in Locus Online
- Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
- Sean Wright in Adventures of a Bookonaut
- C. Allegra Hawksmoor in Vagrants Among Ruins
- Val's Random Comments book blog
- Aliette de Bodard
- Barbara Krasnoff
- forthcoming in Cascadia Subduction Zone, October 2013
- forthcoming in Interzone 249, November 2013
- WSaDF at Goodreads, LibraryThing
Praise for We See a Different Frontier"Vivid, dynamic, and wide-ranging stories make WSADF a powerful anthology. Highly recommended."
"This is not just an interesting and entertaining collection, but also a necessary, convincing critique of the colonialist tropes that mark many of speculative fiction’s genre conventions."